Monday, October 31, 2011

Gluten Free Catering

When I found out about a year ago that I had a wheat allergy I was devastated.  I'd been sick for years but a life without wheat seemed impossible to achieve.  When I told Chef Laurine about my condition she was doubtful that I'd be able to live without wheat since she knew I loved to eat anything bread centric.  One on my absolute favorite things she makes is her wild mushroom and swiss chard savory bread pudding - seriously, it's to die for! 


 I've been able to stick to my gluten free diet for the past year, one because I feel SO much better, and two because Chef Laurine has been super supportive in providing me with a gluten free lunch everyday.  When I started this culinary journey we both began to research gluten free cuisine and since then, we've been offering our exciting culinary findings to our gluten free clients. We offer all of our sandwiches on gluten-free bread and we recently even sent gluten free pasta bolognese to a client!


 One of my favorite autumn treats growing up in Northern Michigan was pumpkin chocolate chip bundt cake.  When the air was the crisp and the leaves were changing, my Mom would bake this rich delicious cake which I continued to make when I moved to California.   I was lamenting to Laurine how I would miss out this year and she went ahead and developed a wheat free version that was incredibly delicious! We'll be offering this cake and other tasty gluten-free snacks, desserts, and meals so give me a call if you would like to discuss a gluten free menu for your next event.


Cheers,
Marianne Jackson
Catering Director

No comments:

Post a Comment